Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Zucchini Bruchetta

It has been so hot around here lately and that means that the gardens are growing and producing all kinds of vegetables. I am sharing my now favorite way to prepare zucchini.  I was visiting Rome a while back and was served several different types of bruchetta. When I tasted the one topped with zucchini, I about died. So dang delicious! I had to re-create that recipe at home for sure.  This is what I came up with.

Zucchini Bruchetta
Two medium zucchini diced
Two or three cloves of garlic (your own personal taste)
1 Tablespoon of fresh thyme leaves
salt to taste
Olive oil to coat
1 to 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar (to taste)

Combine the diced zucchini, garlic,salt, and chopped thyme in a bowl. Coat with desired amount of olive oil.  Spread ingredients onto a cookie sheet and roast in  a 450 degree oven for five to ten minutes or until zucchini is tender.  Take out of the oven and let the mixture come to room temperature. Pour the zucchini into a bowl and drizzle the balsamic vinegar over it. Serve at room temperature on slightly toasted sliced baguettes.

This recipe is so delicious, and such an easy way to use up that garden zucchini.
Enjoy!

*Most of this recipe was just eyeballed and tasted as I went.  I did not use exact measurements, so taste and enjoy along the way to get the desired product that is delicious to you!* Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment