Tuesday, October 15, 2013

A flashback of color

I was looking through old pictures of my previous home, and I came across this one.
I soon decided that I seriously miss this wall and the dose of color that it gave to this space.  This square wall was one of the funnest painting projects I have ever done.  It was not hard at all, and it gave the wall pattern and dimension without having to hang wallpaper. The trick to it was to use a laser level and draw the squares out with a pencil.  Then instead of taping the squares, I just painted the outline with a painter's brush, and filled in the rest with a larger brush.  There was no touch up from pulling the tape and all my lines were clean.  Really, not that hard, I kind of found it relaxing.  Crazy, I know, but that is what painting does to me. This is a really fun, and easy project if you are looking for a way to add some personality to any room! Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment