Thursday, February 20, 2014

finishing touches

Now that my laundry room is done, I have had a lot of fun finding some fun pieces and putting all the finishing touches together for the room. I knew I needed a folding table for that room and we toyed around with a lot of different possibilities.  We thought about putting lower cabinets in and making a table on top of them, or making a table out of wood and glass.  So we were out shopping at Fred Meyer one day, and came across a stool height table/counter for less money than we could make one.  It had the glass top that I wanted to make the room feel large, and room underneath for laundry baskets.



 It really works perfectly in there and I love the pop of black that ties into the black on the floor.  I found these fun laundry baskets at Walmart of all places.  They are perfect for storing all our clothes in.

 I also had this ironing board cabinet already in the laundry room downstairs. It was oak, and with a little gray paint and a crystal knob of course, I gave it new life.

I put a cabinet next to my dryer.  We needed a top and decided that instead of buying a counter top, we would make one out of wood.  We took wood pieces, glued them together and painted them gray.  I love the way it turned out.  I bought containers and cut out some labels with my vinyl cutter.  Just in case I need to know what I have in them.  :)

 Speaking of vinyl, I saw this quote on pinterest and it totally made me laugh.  I knew I had to cut it out and put it in my laundry room.  So so true at our house!
I love my new room...it makes me smile every time I go in it. If you know me, you know that I usually don't have a smile on my face while doing laundry.  If you have to do that chore, it might as well be in a space you like right! Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment