Tuesday, September 17, 2013

My basement bathroom make over

I can't believe so many days have passed since I last posted. I haven't found a minute since the start of school to sit down and blog. Last year we decided to renovate and completely gut our basement.  The very first project we did down there was the bathroom.  This room seriously needed a face lift. It started out just your typical basement bathroom. Nothing fancy.
This is the before, right after we moved in.  It functioned fine, and served it's purpose but it just wasn't great to look at.  So we got to work gutting it out.  First we got rid of everything including the tub.
Yea, everything was out and we were ready to put things back together. I wanted to use a black and white checkered floor tile with white subway tile for the shower.  My son chose an apple green color for the walls and we installed V board and painted it white to break up the color.


I purchased a vanity from Lowes that I decided to paint a light gray color.  I got out the Prinzzer primer and painted a few coats, painted the gray color, then put new knobs on it, and it looked like a totally custom vanity.

Here is the finished product. Let me just tell you, small bathrooms are hard to photograph!


It was hard work, but I love how this space turned out! Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment