Thursday, May 8, 2014

Finishing touches

I am so happy to say that we are done, finished, and there is nothing left to do with the girl's bathroom makeover. I am over the moon with how it turned out! It was defiantly one of the worst rooms in our home, and now it is one of my favorites. The moldings were the last detail in the room. I painted them and my husband installed them.
I decided to frame the mirror with white molding.


We also added white chair rail to top the V board. It is amazing what molding does to finish off a room.


I painted the molding before we put it up and then we just installed it by nailing it to the wall.  The smaller moldings in the corner of the mirror were too small to nail so we ended up gluing them with some liquid nails.
We found these mirrors at Ikea we loved and knew would go so cute in the room.  We decided to keep the large mirror over the sink and install the smaller mirrors over top.


We used 3M hangers to hang them on the mirror.  We were originally going to use adhesive glue, but they are light enough to hold the mirrors.  I love the touch of girly it adds to the room.


I found this fun clock at wayfair and knew it would be perfect in the room.  My oldest daughter painted the rose and it is so fun to have her artwork hanging in her bathroom. I love the yellow and blue color combination in this room. It is calm and fun at the same time.


I am so excited to have this room finished, and I love how it turned out! 
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment