Monday, April 7, 2014

It's bright and I love it!

I am so close to being finished with my game room. We have been working on it for a couple of weeks, adding paint, wainscoting, desks, game tables...you name it. Except for the trim and a few touches the room is finally done. Here is the before...dull and boring. Just a blank space.


Here it is now...bright and full of color!

I wanted big pops of color in this room so I added a lot of turquoise, reds, and bright greens. It is a game room, so we wanted to make it fun.

We have a place to watch TV, do homework, and have fun playing games.


I found this table at the DI for 25 bucks. We sanded the top and stained it a different color, and I painted the legs a nice gray. I had the stain and paint in the garage, so this table was literally a 25 buck purchase.


I am so excited how this room turned out. It was a lot of hard work, but defiantly worth doing. We added personality to the walls by adding the wainscoting, and paint. We re used the couch, rocker and settee. I found the ottoman at Down East Home, and painted an existing table I had bright green.  I love re using what I have in my home to make the room affordable and give things I already have new life.  Just by adding new pillows my couch had a completely different look to it.  I love color and it was fun to just play with it in this room to make it a bright and fun place for the whole family to enjoy. Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment