Monday, May 4, 2015

Molding...tons of molding!


There has been a lot of work going on in our home the past few weeks.  Lots and lots of painting! I love adding wainscoting to a room, but it is a lot of work.  Cutting, sanding, caulking, priming, and painting two coats of white. But it is worth it! Here is a peek of how some of the rooms are coming along.
Here is the family room the day we moved in.  I am so so so over brown!

We took out the harth and added some molding around the fireplace.


We spray painted the brass grills on the fireplace and painted the whole wall white.


This is our dining room the day we moved in. I was so excited to have a dining room, but not one that looked like this!

We added some wainscoting to the bottom.


I painted the bottom half white, then it was ready for some color!


I went for red. I have always wanted a red dining room. I got rid of the antler chandelier, and hung a pretty crystal one instead.


Here is my living room the day we moved in.  Surprise, brown and boring!


We added some wood.


Painted it white....


and added some color! It gave the room a ton of character.

The last spot we added some wainscoting to was the upstairs stair landing.

We already re-finished the stair railings, and just by adding some molding, and a fun new light fixture, I have a totally fun, modern and updated space.
We still have a ton of work to do, but it is so fun watching everything come together and finally become something we love. Pin It

1 comment:

  1. Looks great! I LOVE the red! I can't wait to see it in person.

    ReplyDelete