Thursday, March 20, 2014

Fun and games

It is starting to feel a little like spring around here, and sunshine and longer days always make me feel like a project. We have moved on to our game room. It is a large room above our garage that I want to make into a cozy, bright, and fun hang out for the kids.
Here is what it looked like before.
It had tons of potential, and I loved that angles on the walls.  The very first thing to go was that awful window air conditioner.
The next thing we did in this room was build this closet. The original closet was turned into our laundry room, so I needed somewhere to store games and toys.
Then we took down the fan and the awful ceiling treatment above it.  We took off the molding and re textured the ceiling and we can't even tell it was there. We actually purchased a texture gun for that.
Next big change for the room was giving it a new color and some wainscoting on the walls.  I chose my favorite shade of yellow.  It is a valspar signature color and is called butter. It is one of the most pleasing yellows I have found.
Then we went to work on the wainscoting to add some dimension and interest to the room. My hubby backed the walls with thin pieces of backer board, then measured and ripped MDF strips of wood to size on his table saw.  Just a white coat of paint, and it will be ready to go. Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment